Monday, September 17, 2012

Dylan

Dylan is coming, and I'm a going.  Here is one of his latest: 
Bob dylan duquesne whistle (tempest) - YouTube.  I left out the video which is fairly violent but worth seeing just to ponder Dylan and his posse strolling the streets....

I grew up listening to Dylan and my mom had these lyrics from "Subterranean Homesick Blues" posted on the inside of her English honors classroom:

Ah get born, keep warm
short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift....


http://youtu.be/FKfrjk6suAQ


The thing about Dylan is, you can pick one of his songs for each decade of your life or each tragic occurrence in your life or each marriage or birth of a child or death of a parent.  He is my poet.

Although I think his best album is "Blood on the Tracks", here is one of my all time favorites:


<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RZgBhyU4IvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 

The Times they are a changing.....and we still need our bards


1 comment:

  1. I can't think of one of his songs that I can relate to sadly. Hope the concert is fun though.

    ReplyDelete