Sunday, April 25, 2010

Notes from the Pew

Rev. Judith gave a wonderful sermon about the need to react to global warming "as if our hair is on fire"...I agree that the time for complacency is over.  Our children deserve better and we must become more responsible stewards.

Here is one of the poems found inside the order of service:

We clasp the hands of those that go before us,
and the hands of those who come after us.

We enter the little circle of each other's arms
and the larger circle of lovers
whose hands are joined in a dance.

And the larger circle of all creatures,
passing in and out of life,
who move also in a dance
to a music so subtle and vast
that no ear can hear it
except in fragments.                                                     Wendall Berry

I feel overwhelmed sometimes at what needs to be done but then I realize that one just has to start, and begin anew if we started and then stopped.  So this season, I open the compost, plant my garden and look carefully at what I am feeding my family.  I carpool more and walk more and get my bike tuned.  My children remind me to turn the water off and we all buy less.  The stakes are high and I feel blessed to have been reminded of that this beautiful Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment