Friday, May 3, 2013

Kindness Cowgirls

I don't post much about work because I shouldn't.  I work with wonderful kids, staff, and families but they certainly do not want their comings and goings posted and analyzed by me.  Still, today felt special and I know my partner won't mind if I post a picture from our Kindness Karnival.....I know, I know...we did the fake letter match thing:

(She is 9 months pregnant, by the way, and looks phenomenal).

Some of the kids we work with wanted to find a creative way to combat bullying and affirm the values of kindness and compassion we all need to hang onto.  Especially after the acts of violence that ripped through our state.

So, we held a Kindness Karnival today.  We laughed, and raced ducks, and walked the track for those neighbors who are struggling to get back on their feet in rehab right down the road.

It felt good to be a kindness cowgirl today.  Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment