Thursday, July 26, 2012

Uncle Roy

My heart and energy and love are all directed to my husband and his family this week.  One week after his mother's funeral, Scott's brother Roy died unexpectedly of a heart attack.  Roy lived a quiet life in South Carolina with his partner, Kim and their dogs.  I knew him as a kind, quiet, and gentle presence in the Reitsma clan.  We will celebrate his life at a family memorial later in the summer.

Please hold Scott in your thoughts.  He is tough, grounded, and balanced but the hits keep coming.

I'm reduced to offering him juice, which he kindly accepts.  I'm also fielding a lot of questions from the kids about my health and the health of all family members.  We are all fine, by the way.

As my dear friend Suz told me "take small bites when you are eating a shit sandwich".  That is why you talk to friends when it all comes down....they will tell it like it is.

This too shall pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment