Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Pics

It is about that time. Time to say goodbye to the easy rhyme of summer and gear up for the frenetic pace of back to school, back to soccer, and new this year, badminton tournaments in far away cities and states.

I didn't accomplish what I thought I would but as my dear friend said this morning "perhaps we have hit these roadblocks because we need to sit with our research for awhile."  I just finished a painful book entitled "Crisis in the Modern World", written by a French metaphysician.  That should have been warning enough, really.  He talked about the Western need for action vs the Eastern ability to just sit with things the way they are.  Gross stereotyping but some kernel of truth.  How do we learn to just sit with what is?

This summer, we lost Bill and have struggled to accept the cancer diagnosis of a loved one.  These things are out of my control, as is the past and all that could have been said or done differently.  I continue to  work on  being fully present for it all, but admit to watching all of "Orange is the New Black" on NetFlix in one binge driven day.  "Luther" was next but I think I got it out of my system.

As I look at these pictures, I am reminded that amid all the pain were moments of pure joy.





Fruitlands, Purgatory Chasm, and Max.

Goodbye Summer 2013, we hardly knew ye.



1 comment:

  1. You should wear that dress for the first day of school.

    ReplyDelete