I think you can overthink your first "real" blog post so that is why I have been posting on my fake blog for a couple of months. However, that is a bit cowardly, so here come my reasons to take the plunge:
1. Blogging has some karma to it...if you enjoy the blogging world, you should probably dive in and contribute yourself.
2. My friends are so very creative and such good writers that I want to shout their praises from my very own blog.
3. This is yet another opportunity to join all the amazing artists and contemplatives who are looking for some spiritual fortitude in a world gone slightly digital and slightly mad.
4. Parents need to chat with other parents in every venue at their disposal. Just this week I have been given the tip of having a checklist for school mornings to break up the monotony of my pleas to hurry up. Also, why not ask my book-loving son to turn in his book to me at bedtime so he doesn't read until 1:00am? Simple but not in my cognitive set at the time.
5. There is new stuff to learn...like, for instance, the above picture needs to be moved to my profile and not stuck randomly in my first post.
6. Writing allows one the opportunity to think about what is important and what will be remembered. In the chaos of it all, I want to stop and pause more often.
7. One of my spiritual teachers, Thich Nhat Hanh, writes and talks about the importance of "Beginning Anew" in each moment and honoring each moment. I think bloggers get that!