Friday, September 2, 2011

It's time

In no particular order of importance, we have survived the following this week:

1.  Returned from Bermuda unscathed by rough waters or sunburns.  We did get a coral rash but it was a small price to pay for seeing the beautiful underwater vistas.

2.  Hurricane Irene with no power loss.  We know have 100 lbs of extra ice and may try our hand at building a luge run this week-end.

3.  Started a new job in a great place with great people.  To be yourself with like-minded colleagues in a school with an appreciation of what you bring to the table is nothing short of miraculous.  Amen and Blessed be.

4.  Eldest started middle school.  Now that I think of it, this one should be right at the top of the list.  He is doing a great job and I am so very proud of his courage.  Youngest started the 3rd grade, and she is rocking it as well.

5.  Husband is acclimating to the fact that his company declared bankruptcy right before we left on vacation.  He has decided to not freak out and I am trying oh so hard to meet him in Calmsville.  He hangs out there a lot and I only visit so I'm trying to get the lay of the land.

6.  Soccer, karate, and one asthma attack.  I won't get into how I was reading my Kindle at karate while my son was hacking up a lung at the dojo and one judgemental yet prescient mom said...and I'm quoting here "your son has an awful cough".......no, no, those are seasonal allergies...."Really, sounds like a bad case of bronchitis to me."  Hard stare.  He is being treated for allergy induced asthma and the moral of this story is do not ignore all bitchy people.

In short, we survived the summer with all its glorious together time.  I loved it but when it's time, it's time.

2 comments:

  1. As much as I hate to admit it, there is something to be said about the routines and rigors of being back to work. This cool September weather helps. I'm so glad it's working out well for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pen always makes me smile, if not... think

    ReplyDelete