One of the items on the summer bucket list was purchasing a keyboard and learning some tunes. This leads to a small list of things you can no longer do while your kids are learning to play the piano:
2. Talk to anyone on the phone.
4. Keep from commenting that Fur Elise should not be picked out while the digital keyboard is on electric mode unless you personally want to be responsible for Beethoven haunting your very abode.
Here are some things you do that even the scales:
1. Play the first four bars to "The Entertainer" 47 times with a big grin on your face.
2. Pull out your old bassoon music books and play the grandfather part of Peter and the Wolf 47 times with a look of longing on your face.
3. Pick out a bit of Chopin with a look of befuddlement on your face.
4. Try to explain scales without knowing what you are talking about..."remember Sound of Music?"
We have gone too long without our instruments out. I'm not sure our neighbors agree, but we are back, baby:)