Friday, January 22, 2010

A little dab of faith

I have been reading "The Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav, renowned author of The Dancing Wu Li Masters....renowned being a relative word. This is a book about the karma of your soul:

When the soul returns to its home, what has been accumulated in that lifetime is assessed
with the loving assistance of its Teachers and guides....if the soul sees that it is necessary,
it will choose another incarnation...it will draw to itself the guides and Teachers that are
appropriate to what it seeks to accomplish.

Mr. Zukav, in the spirit of mystics and true believers, writes with great conviction about the evolution of life from 5 sensory beings to multi-sensory beings. He writes with scientific fervor but I can't tell you where he garnered his information. So I sit at the intersection of faith..wanting to believe that my struggles are in the service of moving my soul toward wholeness and light and the idea that some kind of theoretical underpinning to a brand new evolution of the soul would not be untoward.


The wisest teacher I have had is Thich Nhat Hanh who speaks powerfully about the simplicity of our energy taking different forms. I sense that he feels pity for the Western mindset that one life is all we get. It is an expansive view that our actions in this life inform who we are in the next and that some of our struggles in this life started in the last. Is it True? Is faith about an absolute truth? I don't think so...I think faith is about where we place our doubt and who we trust.



I trust my Buddhist teachers...they are not infallible but they are filled with joy, compassion, humor and light. I will start there...



Each soul takes upon itself a particular task. It may be the task of raising a family,
communicating ideas through writing, or transforming the consciousness of a community.
Whatever the task that your soul has agreed to, whatever its contract with the universe,
all the experiences of your life serve to awaken within you the memory of that contract.


Amen, Namaste, and give 'em hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment